Friday, 11 December 2009

FESTIVE FROLICS...


In case you weren't aware, Christmas is exactly a fortnight away and I'm starting to get rather excited. I can't help it, I'm a big kid when it comes to Christmas!


Christmas encorporates many of my favourite things. I love shopping at the best of times, but my favourite sort of shopping is buying things for other people....and then wrapping them up in beautiful glossy paper and shiny ribbons! My festive feeling starts each year when I make my Christmas pilgrimage to Paperchase and scare my bank manager with the amount I can spend on bits of paper. Even the crappiest present become something special when wrapped to look its best and I like my presents to be both thoughtful and beautiful.


Once I'm stocked up with pretty paper, I like to indulge my aesthetic side even further by getting out my Christmas decorations and gussying up my living room with lovely shimmery sparkly things on my tree. The rest of the year is sadly lacking in opportunities to dress one's house up to the nines so I do like the chance to crack out some tasteful baubles and a plastic penguin or two.

Of course once all that is done and dusted, it's time to spend time with those you love whilst eating and drinking and frankly it just doesn't get better than that for me at any time of the year, especially if there's roast poultry and veg in the offing! I have simple tastes in life...

This year I will be spending Christmas with my mum and then New Year with my brother. While it would be nice to spend the big day with both of them and watch my brother's face when he realises I have outdone him on our traditional attempt to buy the weirdest present for each other possible, my split celebration allows me to double up on the fun and food and I'm not complaining about that!

What say you? What's the best bit about Christmas for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment